Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Bamboo Spirit and the Bamboo in you.

Excited to see what experiments emerge from these fantastic people in the ad-hoc Textile Paper Lab. (Adel, Veron, CY, Agatha) 

I have been busy getting the Bamboo Broadcast Studio for Alternative Ecology. As such, I couldn't hang out to see their pre-sessions. 

I missed the opportunity to meet with Eko this time. Ruobing invited us (Post-Museum) to activate the space that Eko built as part of Alternative Ecology. She shared that Eko wanted people to 'use' it. In that sense, he didn't see the structures he built as beautiful spaces but places for community, action and hope.   

While I may not know him, listening to the stories about him during the memorial (11th Jan), I felt I recognised him. I saw a human being who has lots to give to the world and a kindred spirit. I will be cheeky on this occasion and call this the "bamboo spirit". I recognised Eko because I have met others who had this "bamboo spirit" too. People with "bamboo" in them have always inspired me. They recharge my "hope-a-meter" because they had the "bamboo" in them to fight a good fight. 

I wonder who, with that "bamboo spirit", inspired and influenced Eko on his path. Do share your "bamboo spirit" story.


 

No comments: