Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Cheng Yan's notes on SRRFM

A post from Chengyan. A SRRFM participant. Super stoked to come across participant's thoughts on their participation or relationship with the event. 


Last Sunday, Nov 26th was my best ever when it comes to my accumulation of art tools. After posting a photo showing my Chinese seal and Chinese red ink, the Universe rewarded me with two more dishes of unused Chinese red inks courtesy of the Singapore Really Really Free Market (SRRFM). These are certainly coveted, valued and cherished by me. I was there to bless away my collection of used & obsolete phone cards. I was amazed that they were taken up immediately. I was also blessed with 2-CD’s sets which will be played in my portable CD/DVD player when I am painting. I thought that I am the only odd person listening to CD’s. I was mistaken because I met a young man by the name of Raymond. He borrowed a ballpoint from me to write his contact details on his sticker to advertise that he is selling CD’s on Instagram. Oh, that’s wonderful stunning news. We had a good chat. He told me that his CD’s sell for between $3 to $15/-. I asked him, CD players are difficult to buy in SG, so how to have business? He showed me his Toshiba CD player which he bought in Japan for $80/- when he was there. Apparently, the Japanese are still listening to CD’s. He also told me that Shopee is also selling players online for about $50/-. I told him that I have no need to buy CD’s when I can get them for free. Haha. In a way, he is like me scouring SG for free CD’s. The only difference is that he gets them to sell whilst I get them to listen. If I have extras, I bless them away. If you listen to the correct channels and are patient, you can get them because they are tons of unwanted CD’s waiting to be unloaded.

My thanks goes to Woon Tien Wei & Jennifer Teo, the dedicated husband & wife team for faithfully organising this 76th edition.



No comments: